Here are a few suggestions on what you can make with willow:
I would love to say these are our own creations but sadly they are not, wonderful none the less.
Now some more practical creations that I’m sure we could all make.
A willow log basket is ideal to let your wood continue to dry out before you put them on the fire.
Why not try a bower for you garden seat providing a good wind break and some privacy.
Or why not plant a tunnel for the children?
A fedge is a cross between a fence and a hedge – flexible, green and looks good too!
Here is something I did make.
If you would like to buy some willow to make any of these structures then why not contact us, we sell a range of willow that is suitable for making living willow structures, or coloured willow for baskets and other smaller more artistic items. Link to our shop.
Looking for more? I regularly update my willow board on pinterest with ideas and suggestions click here to check it out.
Why not make your own Christmas wreath - here is a link with some good ideas.
Here is some more links to other things you can make with willow:
- weave your own beautiful compost basket or wee raised bed? http://pinterest.com/pin/96968198198579104/
- plant pot holders http://pinterest.com/pin/180355160046850613/
- wicker dog bed http://pinterest.com/pin/46513808621530734/
- angel sculpture http://pinterest.com/pin/466263367640776220/
- ball http://pinterest.com/pin/163748136421100849/
- chair http://pinterest.com/pin/75435362478988948/
- wicker man http://pinterest.com/pin/52002570668359207/
- Christmas wicker/willow decorations for tree http://pinterest.com/pin/240379698832380669/ http://pinterest.com/pin/22447698114021120/
- Raised herb beds http://pinterest.com/pin/75505731222908876/
- Heart decoration http://pinterest.com/pin/97601516895260455/ http://pinterest.com/pin/108930884707770988/ http://pinterest.com/pin/255157135108509803/
How do I prepare my willow for weaving?
Willow in different states have different names; green, brown, white and buff. Green willow is fresh and not dried (items made with green willow will shrink when it dries out in a few weeks). Brown willow has been dried and will need soaking to make it flexible again (average soaking time is 1 day per foot of willow length). White willow has been dried soaked and skin removed (this rehydrates a lot quicker in a couple of hours). Buff willow has been boiled and bark removed. To find out more check out this link.